Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Revisiting Which way did they go Wednesday?...







Remember that I spoke about my E-box in overload, well it's still clicking with mail from every wide angle and beyond. Of course, I'm reading almost everything and will be sharing much of it with you dear readers. I've always stated that this forum was designed for the sharing of colorful dialouge and discussion. I'm encouraging all of you to share your viewpoints, attitudes, observations and say so with us. I hope the cat doesn't have your tounge. With that said, let's see what's percolating....
Lavender Endorsement: I got this pronouncement or endorsement from former NWA (northwest arkansas) activist Casey Willits, whom I understand has moved too the sunny abyss of Florida. I want to be clear that this item is unedited and is his personal announcement of his political leanings. If you've got an endorsement you feel strongly about, then let us know. The floor is always open....

Dear Friends,
That's right. This Friday is the day that average Americans, working Americans, union members, progressives, SOUTHERNERS, and populists of the liberal persuasion will stand together and tell America that we are ready for a President who will change the SYSTEM, not just change the gender or color of the White House.I am supporting John Edwards as our next President because he has the deepest commitment to wrestling power away from the wealthy interests of big business, Wall Street, big medicine, and lobbyists. He understands that you can't compromise power away from the powers that be.... you must take that power back! He, more than any leading candidate, knows that for this country to survive we must have a more equal distribution of wealth, power, and knowledge. This is not a two horse race! Nationwide polling shows that only John Edwards beats all Republican candidates in the general election. People all across America are realizing that we don't have to elect a candidate just because they raise a $100 million or because they were Mayor of New York on a very bad day in 2001. The media is just now realizing that, lo and behold, voters still make the decision in this country.By supporting John Edwards, you will be part of a grassroots movement to make the agenda of the Democratic Party more progressive, more democratic, and more people-focused. Every dollar helps John Edwards get his message to people who are ready to hear it. Every vote cast for him in your state primary helps earn more delegates to the national convention. A strong Edwards delegation to the convention will become quite a power broker to establish the agenda of the Democratic Party as a people-focused, progressive, problem-solving, and populist one.I am giving what I can afford on Friday. Will you be part of this awesome day too?

Sincerely,

Casey



National Convention & Me: Since we are talking politics and contributions, I wanted to update you readers on my quest to attend the Democratic Convention in Denver this Aug. Of course, I got to selected as a delegate first, but if I play my cards right we will get that chance. Anyway, the filing period begins Feb. 6 - 22, 2008 and I plan on getting my paperwork as well as fees in promptly. As everyone knows it takes benjamins to particpate and I will be launching a "chip-in" widget shortly to enlist your assistance with this endeavor. What'll ya say? Can I count on you to help make it happen? I know I can. Every donation will be appreciated. Stay tuned....


Welcome Back LRP: After a brief hiatus, the website LittleRockPride.com has resurfaced and refreshed it online look. The site features profiles, links( unfortuantely this blog seems to be missing?), ads and other items related to the GLBTQ community. According to a recent E-blast, "...It's more simplified, but you can read more about it on the front page of the site. It's not all the way finished and a few more things will be added, but we are back." I noticed a subscription to a newsletter is available and a soon to be completed calender. Congrats and Kudos to the proudcers and welcome back to the net. The more the merrier is our motto, but it also keeps us on our toes.








No comments: