Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Wednesday Wild Cards


Ryan White Part B Medical Provider Reimbursement Increase

Effective December 15, 2014

The Arkansas Ryan White Part B program has reviewed current funding and approved an increase to the program’s medical provider reimbursement rates was announced by Program Manager, Tiffany Vance. The new Part B program rates will be comparable to the Medicare rates for the state of Arkansas.
 
The new Part B medical provider reimbursement rates will be effective December 15, 2014 and the reimbursement rates will be reviewed on a quarterly basis by the program to ensure sustainability. Any changes to the reimbursement rates determined during the quarterly review will be communicated to Part B medical providers, and the changes will become effective the following month.

 For more information or additional questions, contact Sheila Clubb at 501-661-2148.


Little Rock Adds Protest Voices

As the protest continue across the country and government official seek to create blue ribbon panels and summits on how to address the civil unrest, a local group quickly mobilized as Little Rock Direct
Action Planning Group which has now morphed or been enveloped into Community Planning for Justice in Arkansas. 

According to the group's Facebook page, this group has been developed in order for community members in Arkansas to plan and execute proactive participation in our communities against injustice - specifically pertaining to racial justice, economic justice, police brutality, and other issues related to these. We want to address our concerns together.
Protestors during a peaceful but vocal protest last Sunday at Park Plaza Mall in Little Rock, staged a "die in" in response to a non indictment of the Police Officer who,using a choke hold, killed Eric Garner during an arrest on staten island New York.
 
The protest was also intended to draw more attention to the use of deadly force on African Americans throughout the U.S. Chants... of  "No justice no peace no racist police", "I can't breath", and "Hands up don't shoot" were repeated by the protestors. Many protestors held signs and formed a circle around those who chose to lay down to symbolically represent those who have been shot and killed by Law Enforcement around the country.

 Little Rock Police officers had a presence around the protest but did not engage with the protestors instead allowing the protest carry on to it's own conclusion. COP 24/7 applauds these citizens on their act to address this critical issue and demanding that law enforcement and governmental officials respond wit positive outcomes. The group is also in the planning stages of another public protest. Watch COP 24/7 for updates, links and coverage on our Facebook page.(www.facebook.com/corneliusonpoint
 
 

Out Country Singer Ty Herndon Makes First Public Appearance With Boyfriend

'This is monumental for both of us,' Herndon said at the Trevor Live L.A. benefit on Sunday.


 Country singer Ty Herndon proudly walked the red carpet with his partner Matt Collum (pictured left)  at the TrevorLIVE L.A. benefit, held yesterday at the Hollywood Palladium in Los Angeles.
The annual event marked 16 years of life-saving work by The Trevor Project, which provides crisis intervention and suicide prevention services to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and questioning teens and young adults. It also marked the first time Herndon made a public appearance with the man who has been his partner since 2008.

"So many times in my life and career I’ve had to do these things alone, and leave the person I love at home sitting on the couch because I wasn’t brave enough to bring him and I wasn’t out," Herndon emotionally tells The Advocate. "So this is monumental for both of us tonight."
Herndon helped LGBT visibility in country music take a monumental leap forward when he revealed he is a gay man in a November interview with Entertainment Tonight. The 52-year-old singer says he immediately received support from several country music artists, including LeAnn Rimes — who recently spoke to GLAAD about why she’s proud to be an LGBT ally.

"When I watched him come out on TV, I texted him right away and said, 'I'm the proudest son of a bitch there is,'" says Herndon’s partner, Collum. "I was, and still am. I am so proud of this man."
Since coming out of the closet, Herndon says his life has changed for the better now that he’s able to live his life openly and honestly. And he’s thankful that he's able to see the way his honesty is having a positive effect on others.

"At my very first show after coming out, I had a young man who was 19 years old come up to me and tell me, 'I came out to my family this week, and I brought them all to this show,'" Herndon recalls. "Man, when he told me that, I just burst into tears because it was such an emotional moment for me."
"Then at that same show, there was a 65-year-old man who told me 'I'm coming out to my kids on Thanksgiving and you helped me to do that,'" he continues. "I was so moved, I just had no words."
Herndon performed his song "Journey On" from his 2010 album of the same name on the TrevorLIVE stage, noting that the track holds a special place in his heart because of lyrics which encourage people to push through dark moments for a brighter tomorrow — a perfect complement to The Trevor Project’s message.

"Before I even thought about coming out, I was writing it in my music," says Herndon. "It’s a song about being brave and finding your brave heart. I'm so proud be doing that here tonight."


LinQ for Life encourages individuals to Save the Date!



 

 

 

No comments: