Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Let's Keep Dancing...

The immortal songstress Peggy Lee had a standard hit entitled, "Is that all their is" back in the day when you really understood what the singer was saying and the song meant something more than noise. As a youngster, this haunting melody about jilted love and the melancholy of existence, never left my head and once I saw Miss Lee perform this number on television, I was hooked. Then and now, the song still rings in the back of my mind as I continue to deal with the complexities of life and the bureaucracy of the state. This time it's the City of Little Rock's enclosure about obtaining licenses for operating business in the city that came to my post office box. Actually, beknowned to the city, my P.O. Box is an attempt to create my own homeland security blanket as well as, also pursuing my hobby of collecting menus from extinct restaurants to hang in my, "Dead Restaurant Hall of Fame". I earn no revenue from this little venture, and this mail drop assist me in keeping credit card bills and other information sensitive mailings under lock and key. Therefore, giving me a peice of mind that I have some control and security over my own mail, if nothing else. With this in mind and a smirk on my face, I have written to Mayor Dailey,not challenging the notice, but rather inquiring about those "Tomaine Lunch Trucks" that I've seen lately in Southwest Little Rock. I asked if those individuals are being monitored and do they have licenses to set up shop in parking lots vs.my lowly post office box, where you can't get a plate of anything. Hopefully, the mayor or some assistant will find time to enlightened me and maybe look into the matter. When we hear from them you know it'll be posted here first. Until then let's just keep dancing...

No comments: