Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Cornelius: 3.0: Hot, Live,Otherwise and more,Part 2 !!






It's time for the mid-week spin down and there's no time to waste. The 24/7 news cycles are a buzzing into overdrive while heading for a "tilt" sensation that's off the hook. Talk about smoking fingers today! Let's get this Hot, Live, Otherwise and more madness started.....

Cash Dash: The proposed Adoption ballot measure that's looming on the horizon in generating a cash dash. The Family Council Action Committee spearheaded by Jerry Cox which is behind this bad legislation is gearing up to pass the collection plate to shore up it's efforts. The group has raised a reported $22,000 over the past seven months, has plans to canvass churches via Sunday School classes with instructional material as well as dollars. These folks are on the move with E-mail blast to their base with hopes of raising $30,000 in 30 days. On the offense comes Debbie Willhite, campaign director of Arkansas Families First which is vowing to defeat the proposal. With a one month total of $32,000 in it's coffers, Mrs. Willhite was quoted in the DOG saying, " we need to put all our resources-people, money and communication- to making sure that when people vote on the initiative, they really know what the consequences will be."Just to update, this is the same group that I mentioned some time ago that had had internal wranglings and a dismissive atmosphere causing some participants to be asked out. Well, O.K. but I think I need a closer look and perhaps you do too...




Faux Pas Clinton: Now really, Hillary! Even though I think a bit too much is being made about her recent "misspeaking" about the facts of her Bosnia trip. I must say, I think I would remember rather vividly if there was "gun fire in the air and I was running for my life". Is Lady Clinton is getting fast and loose with the facts or she's doing what men have done for ages, embellish the experience with gusto. Come on Mrs. Clinton, just the facts mam, just the facts...


AIDS in Prayer: The Arkansas AIDS foundation is presenting it's 1st Annual Prayer Breakfast being held, Friday 3.28.08 at the the Governor's Mansion, 8-10 a.m. I saw the Comcast spotlight loop talking about "The Power of Praying Women: Coming together to Conquer HIV/AIDS." Featuring Guest Speaker Rep. I.H. Brown and Honoree Rep. Kathy Webb. Also featured will be, Evangeline Parker as a "guest prayer" and soloist and a "person dealing with HIV/AIDS". The TV spot said more info could be obtained from the organizations website, so I went trolling. One of the links which was suppose the have the info had "info" for another future fundraiser, and there was no date, place or time even listed there, yet I looked closer and found a sub link. But there was a Paypal widget to obtain tickets that were to be mailed. Just to be clear, I've pointed out this off kilter dissemination of info before and yet it still prevails. To be honest I've never been to a prayer breakfast, but I guess if it works...Tickets may still be available($25.00) call them(501) 376-6299 and tell them you read it here first!



No comments: