Monday, February 09, 2009

InnerVisions

This forum has covered a variety of subjects ranging from the sublime to the personal. With each posting, I make every bonafide attempt to sift and re-sift items that I believe will be of interest, resulting perhaps in a "A-ha" moment for some. As I've been making the local rounds, I'm glad to learn that this forum has established a readership and apparently, it's growing. I thank you all for tuning in and staying on point with me. This is my ongoing community service to which I have been committed for the last 4 years. There are some days when I ask,"is it worth it?," "why do I do that thing that I do?," or is it somehow, maybe a disguised cathartic release. I'm happy to report that it's all that and I hope a place where I can continue to re-introduce myself to you each and every day.


Relationship 101: Daybreak just over the Horizon


It happens all over the place and when your relationship it's a snag, a rocky point, possible impasse or even a demise, it calls for assessment. In the past few days, I've been faced with dealing with that dreadful crossroad that we hate reaching in our relationships. It's that point in the road that you try to avoid at all cost. It's the crisis mode that you had not planned for and certainly not rehearsed. It's the moment when a flood a memories, choices, experiences and aftermath that you continually spin until you try to make sense of it all. Ultimately, you stop, you reflect, and then there's a stillness surrounding yourself as you feel the intensity of the cracks slowly moving in your heart. It's all there for the taking whether you want it or not. GLBTQ living in conjunction with just life itself is often filled with disappointments and struggle that you would rather just not deal with. But, it simply doesn't work that way now does it. So what do you do? Well, after the initial shock of it all or grasping the situation, you get up, dust yourself off, and trudge the fuck on with your head held high and shoulders out. Relationship experts state that one must not wallow or get mired in the "failure" mindset. I did a quick resource read that gave me some personal advice on dealing with whatever the possibilities may be. If it's over, then devise yourself a recovery road map. If it's salvageable, then perhaps therapy is in order or taking small steps to discover if you may be just opening yourself to additional wounding. Is it a bitter a pill? You damn right, yet it doesn't have to be a fatal dose and there's no need for a "Cleopatra bow out," because as a person both you and I deserve better. Our self worth is not tied to one individual, one relationship or all that goes with it. Losing someone is one of the hardest of life experiences no matter how it occurs. Earlier in my living, I lost a partner to death which profoundly changed my life. That lost and the possibility of losing again, is a trail by fire that will either destroy me or propel me to believe that this life is filled with seasons of change that I must embrace as well as not be afraid. I've got to remember as I've shared with you dear readers on many occasions. No matter how dark, there's always another daybreak waiting just over the horizon where life continues as you fill your destiny. With any luck we all will continue to love, live and laugh!!

No comments: