Wednesday, August 05, 2009

And the COP Beat goes On...

I believe that I'm finally bouncing back from some semi-jet lag and hitting the ground running in my usual fashion. It's the pace, demand and commitment that keeps the fire burning in this forum. Ultimately, it's that fuel that allows me to stay laser focused on updates, links, commentary, video, pod casting and so much more. After all, we are Arkansas' only daily updating portal for the GLBTQ community and beyond. We appreciate your support and seek more of it as we roll through the remainder of 2009. Let's hear from you TODAY!! In the meantime, it's all about staying on point...


Community Organizing Rising: In a previous post I mentioned my invitation to a meeting in which a "Black Gay Agenda" would be explored for the Central Arkansas area. However, it was brought to my attention that this meeting was not exclusively covering that subject but was rather a meeting to discuss SGL issues on numerous levels and was open to everyone. I stand corrected. I hope that as this materializes that the organizers will be able to make sure that we all on the same page. Here's the location: Women's Project, 22nd Main Street in the Quapaw Quarter. 7 p.m. 8.10.09


Barwatch/The Update: As promised I've got to update the info on the latest moves or non-moves on the outlets in Central City. I'm in a pondering mode when it comes to Speakeasy Supper Club, slated for a August 21 opening. From what I've seen and seen again, this venture is plodding along but with marginal results. According to owners, they are still scheduled to open on that date, some additional personnel has been hired including a Chef and entertainers are being considered. As you recall, or maybe not, this mash up is the offshoot of the former Easy Street. Honestly, in my best guess, is that this outing will have to really sprint to the finish line to be ready for patrons. In the 7th street corridor, OffCenter's "Pulse" is taking shape and floating the word of a pending announcement on the official opening date. The website, http://www.pulseatoffcenter.com/ is up and vibing with icons and links to a Facebook page. The atmosphere appears to be all about being hip, cool, and in vogue as the website hypes" music and great bodies." The Eyes of Texas, Whitney Paige is still a go as show director for weekly entertainment. Stay locked and loaded to this forum for the countdown and first out the gate opening news.

No comments: