Tuesday, November 24, 2009

And the COP Beat goes On until it's over....


It's a holiday week and this forum is blowing through the e-blast at a rapid pace as the countdown to the "fat lady singing" come this December 31 continues in full force. Ladies and Gents no waiting in aisle 3, so let's spill it shall we...

WAD 2009: In a past posting I mused about preparations for World AIDS Day 09 and what I felt was a lackluster line up of activities. However, out of no where came the word of Sheryl Lee Ralphs' (pictured) one woman show, "Sometimes I Cry", hit the airwaves in search of an audience. To my applause I thought that this event was stepping more to the plate for the occasion not to mention my personal taste. Although I had some head scratching about the venue being Wildwood Park For the Arts in far flung Western Pulaski County, but again I'm all about crossing boundaries, therefore why not. According to their website, they've got a state of the art facility which I assume will meet Ms. Ralphs expectations. So, I went in search of a ticket to this event only to discover that there was a "waiting list" after just a week of ads. A waiting list? I didn't realize that Ms. Ralph had such a following even though I realize that she has been a Broadway as well as TV star. Furthermore, I was intrigued if locals were aware of her one woman show or her HIV/AIDS activism since she's never made an appearance prior to her upcoming show. Nevertheless, I'm glad to know that there's such an interest, but with all that said, I'm still waiting on tickets. This is more confounding since the show is still being advertised on local radio even though there are supposedly no tickets available? What' up with this maneuver is any body's guess and I do mean anybody. Who knew that Wildwood's concert hall would be the place to be seen or this show such a hot World AIDS Day ticket. I'll keep you posted if I make the cut...

FACEBOOK Blow-UP: For awhile I was not involved with the Facebook mash up, but since I set up the page, it's been off the chain as the young set say. I've gotten hits from folks whom I haven't heard from, not sure how they even know me or seen in years! It's been the damnest thing and I've been loving it. Thanks to all who have "friended" me, sent me all types of shout-outs, gadgets, gizmos and what have you's. Social networking has truly proved it self as means to either get or stay connected. If you haven't seen the spot, then be sure and check it out soon. Hopefully we'll continue to check in even after we shut COP:24/7 down later this year.

Sunday Pulsar: Yes it's true that I get around on the circuit, but every now and then have good time that might have been overlooked. This is true of last Sunday nights outing to PULSE after the mega throw down that I heard about over at the Discovery Complex. Unfortunately, I can't be everywhere and I don't like standing in line for no length of time as well. Thus, I opted to catch Breanna Braxton and Crew, which I must say worked til their mugs almost fell off. The small crowd was uniquely festive including some NYC visitors that turned up the volume and Little Rock met them toe to toe. I was particular jarred by the "you call it and we do it" that the trio went into as the crowd shouted out favorites for the DJ to play. If you haven't had a chance to stop through PULSE on Sunday evenings for either their Beer Bust or show, then you might want to consider stepping out very soon. Tell them I told you about it all...

COP 24/7 Tickler: Have you heard the Belles and Boots promo announcement? Well, why not! It's posted on the top margin. Just click the EVOCA icon, adjust your volume and enjoy. Come on out to support. Isn't it all about community?

No comments: