Thursday, June 25, 2009

Tweet,Twitter and To do's

I had someone ask me the other day, "do you Twitter?" I think the look on my face said it all, but since you dear readers didn't get that priviledge to see my expression, just let me tell you that the "crown wasn't amused!" Twitter?" Do I look like I've got time to send any more words out into the cybersphere? Well, Do I? The T phenom is just about to get on my nerves, since I'm in overload in just keeping the content flowing in this forum and other platforms in which I participate. I know I have some readers, but how many and how often I'm still not exactly sure. I Know you are out there from Star City, Cabot, Maumelle, North Little Rock, and as far away as, get this, Kuwait! Somebody in the middle east hit me up in a google search for information. This forum is open ended as a community service and your voices are always welcomed. Check in with us and don't forget to stay locked in to COP:24/7 !!!!


Tweet, Twitter: Actually I had heard about Twitter, long before it caught fire and everyone else is now on board. As for myself, I spend a lot time in front of the one eyed beast known as my moniter and a blazing keyboard. Even though I can click through a post, I'm challenged with that "texting" stuff which has me scratching my head. For goodness sake, can't we just say "hello?" If you are on board with Twitting, then I'd love for any of you to convince me that I should join the frey. Do you really want to know what I'm doing, when I'm not doing what I do daily in this blog? If so, then let me know.

To Do's 911: CAR( Center for Artistic Revolution) has joined with the Future Builders, who have recently received a grant to test 200 Young folks (16-24) of color within the next few months. June 27th is National HIV Testing Day, testing at the CAR office's at the Presbyterian Church, 800 Scott Street, in downtown Little Rock. Members want to canvas the area neighborhoods within walking distance of the church to inform them of the testing effort. Future Builders will be doing all the testing and counseling, but volunteers are needed to help with the set up, cleaning, food, and entertainment. Reach out and touch for information or updates at 501.244.9690


GET TESTED, GET INFORMED, GET EDUCATED! NOW

No comments: