Tuesday, February 26, 2008

One moment please....


Most of you probably don't remember when real people use to answer most phones in offices and at companies. However, times have changed and we are now faced with often personable but usually a computer generated voice substitute that's been appointed to take care of our needs. Sometimes this drives me nuts, but I'm making haste to get over it because it's the wave of the future, not to mention there's not much I can do to change it, right? Yet, here at CorneliusOnpoint, there are no drones, just live daily posting featuring the latest updates, links, commentary, video and vibrant content for the GLBTQ community and beyond. It's been challenging to be Arkansas' GLBTQ destination for news about us for us, but I'm proud to know that I've continued to be the best of the best in this medium. Now, let's get busy....

A Delegating we Go: As promised, here's an update on my quest to be a 08 DNC Delegate this summer in Denver. The State Special Convention is being held March 8 and I'm preparing for that day long endeavor with research and further understanding the process. It's a bit complicated but, so far, so good. I was pleasantly surprised and glad to know that I'm not alone from the GLBTQ community in bidding for a delegate seat. I've learned that at least 5 other individuals are also in the process and possibly more. In a ideal situation, wouldn't it have been great to have had a chance to organize, familiarize and develop strategies among those who were seriously interested. Now, as for the ChipIn widget, I wanted to clear up some misconceptions or misunderstandings that some readers have brought to my attention. All delegates are solely responsible for their expenses to the convention including transportation, lodging, Per Diem and other expenses incurred. The widget is not connected in any form with the ADP or DNC. It's a secured personal portal that supports our forum's platform and is monitored by myself. I'm encouraging you to ChipIn and show your pride in this effort. If you're not tech savvy or don't feel comfortable with this method, then there's always snail mail. Here's that addy, COP, P.O. Box166061, Little Rock, AR 72216 Can I count on you to ChipIn today?

Cash 4 You: Oh the sounds of checks cashing is so comforting isn't it? Well in case you have heard and who hasn't. Courtsey of the US Gov headed by GW, comes a stimulus Tax Rebate freebie in a mailbox or bank account near you. Even though all of us are responsible to date for at least $74,000( and climbing) each in the US Debt, the FED thought "what's few more billion here or there," to allegedly stimulate the economy or scam artist on the make. Don't forget, there are restrictions and such that apply. It's not like the government is just dolling out dollars because we can't just print a few more. You wouldn't believe the strange conversations that I've heard about this matter and the thought patterns that are out there. Here's one for the boook: "everyone will get a check, and if we run short, we will just print so more money to cover it..." Need I say more. Here's a quick link: http://www.usgovinfo.about.com/ and if you're still not clear, call somebody, anybody or you can quizz us here first...or click it to the real officials: http://www.irs.gov/ This site has all the skinny and it's the facts, nothing but the facts. Don't get scamed!


Obama on the Brain: Just for a minute, I had to sign off the political radar and take a deep breath. I might take in some of tonights showdown debate as Hillary takes it to the mat in this "do or die" title match. I don't know about you, but Obama-Mania seems to be running amuck and taking flight into some other kinda omeba. As I was watching one his recent televised rallies, I was awe struck at the heighten vigor, mesmerized attendees and tear stained faces of onlookers whom seem transfixed into a state of stooper once the candidate took to the stage. I realized that most of the electorate is in a "ABB,"(Anbody But Bush) mindset, but in my opinion it seems that the bouncing "O" could recite the alphabet and folks would literally give him a standing ovation. Even though the country certainly could use a change of leadership, I'm hesitant to believe that even a Obama presidency would deliver all that's expected or that's needed in this beleaguered land. I love "change" but change to what? And how long will it take to make this change and what will it cost across the board. O.K. "Yes we can!" Can what? We can propel a candidate into the White House and hope that they can unlock congressional gridlock, find solutions to the foreclosure debacle, wrestle the healthcare titans into submission resulting in universal health care and meanwhile singing Kum By Ya with the rest of world. Boy it all seems like a tall order for a 4 year stint for anyone. No matter how tested, vetted or experienced. I'm fastening my seat belt, because it's going get really bumpy...













No comments: