Wednesday, May 27, 2009

From the O Matrix: A Supreme Nominee

OTV: I've said it before and gosh dern it, I've got his latest tele edict announcing his Supreme Court nominee, Sonia Sotomayor. Yes, readers in case you haven't heard and if you haven't, I can't imagine how you could have missed it. It's President Obama putting it out there in cyberland and my e-box direct from the source. I don't about you, but I'm beginning to wonder if there are really "two" Obama's, because it seems to me that this gentlemen is everywhere and sometimes it seems all at once. I know he eats burgers, but does he ever sleep? Whew, talk about multi-tasking extraordinaire and then some. Of course, I'm musing on as well as goosing about, because I know darn well that the Office of the Presidency has the supreme "O" of access, tech-stuff, crackerjack staffers, underlings and folks ready to jump when summoned. Lucky me, I'm locked into OTV courtesy of Organizing for America, a organizing tool of the DNC. Which keeps me in the loop on "all things Obama," and I'm glad to get the firsthand 411. Especially, on the historic nominee of Ms. Sotomayor whom met all the criteria that the president was citing as his threshold of acceptance. When I read as well as heard her story, it was a "what you say!" moment and a "you go girl" snap. It gave me pause on what my own legacy will look like as well as a "what you gonna do!" motivator. Of course, in usual fashion the "haters" are in full affect cherry picking her statements, rulings and dumpster diving for any negatives to cast doubt. Isn't just too much that despite all her academic achievements and commitment to juris prudence, it's never damn enough. I've seen the ads and talking heads spewing such buzz words as "liberal," "reverse racist," and "bench legislator." It's so American, isn't it. If you make the grade, get the nod, then you have to endure getting slimed, torn apart, vetted, investigated and maybe even water boarded before you can take your seat at the table. For goodness sake, CNN actually scrolled, yes scrolled some her ruling outcomes or positions during their AM broadcast I assume in the effort to keep the story fresh. Just think, there's not even been one day of hearings and Oh joy, it's going to a 24/7 assault of the senses. Good luck Ms. Sotomayor, I believe that you are the real American deal that deserves a fair hearing before slipping into that supreme black robe come October.

No comments: