Friday, May 01, 2009

May Day in the City


Another day, different month and by golly I'm still here ! Is this year rolling along like no body's business or what! Regardless, here we are in the mary old month of May doing a TGIF run arond the may pole. Just in cast you aren't aware, May Day marks the end of the uncomfortable winter half of the year in the Northern hemisphere, and it has traditionally been an occasion for popular and often raucous celebrations, regardless of the locally prevalent political or religious establishment. Locally, most folks are yawning and scratching to all of this but as usual I'm in the big chair lightning up for our May Day in the city edition. Let's go to the pole...

Pride in the City: Earlier this week I posted items in reference to Pride 2009 and went in search of info about the events. So far nothing directly from LRCP, but drilling down for more info I did notice that the event is scheduled on the River Market website calender. I asked you dear readers to ask the president, Ari C. for more info and at post time the response has been that an "announcement is coming." Coming from where? Never Never Land? The Heavens? Thre Oracle of Lamba? At this point, if you count it, it's about 38 days from the proposed date of the coming FREE festival that has only had aproximately 3 fundraisers. How much was raised, what the budget is for this mash up or what can anyone expect from it is still not disclosed. My sources tell me that several board members made exits months ago, their own media mouthpiece hasn't been updated since January 09 and it appears that no one seems to be in the Chagoya Loop de Loop. O.K. let me just step away and go wash my hair. Stay tune folks, there's got to another pump to drop on this one...

Beach Blanket A Go-Go: It's happening next week, the DSB are doing in a beach style at the DSRA clubhouse. Doors open 9 p.m. until the last bear is standing or whatever. The theme is beach casual with your personal interpretation of what they state of dress may be. According to promoter, "mike," this is a private affair ande more info can be found at http://www.diamondstatebear.com/ If you are looking for beach fun with music and food then this may be where you will find it in Central City. Usually it's SRO (standing room only) so check it out if you dare. If you do, feel free to share it with us....

1 comment:

P.Poppers said...

I would urge people to not attend any event hosted by the Diamond State Bears. A few bear (sex) parties ago, my roommate received an e-mail telling him that I was not welcome or allowed to attend any bear party, unless I dressed more 'masculine'.

I was not directly contacted. I had to hear about this through my roommate.

As a known Trans/Gender Non-Conforming person, Michael knew that asking me to do this was out of line and not anything that I would be comfortable with.

It is pretty clear to me that these bear parties are not about any sort of community building, but instead only about sex and outward appearances. Michael is using the private status of these events as a gate keeping tool. This way, he does not have to be accountable for his event or his actions, he can simply say that its a private party and he can do what he pleases.